- Identify and document a system's most pressing water related issues; this will create prioritization mechanism for next steps.
Other Technical Assistance
- Based on the needs assessment, generalized technical assistance will be conducted and/or assigned to a sub-contractor.
- Comprehensive Rate Study - Provide an analysis with recommendations on the System’s rates and present the rate study recommendations in a comprehensive report. The overall goal of a rate study is to determine rates that will fund the System’s budget; reserves or depreciation reserves; and any other designated reserves or accounts that the staff, management, and board agree upon. We will determine the appropriate rates and structure to produce the desired revenues needed to appropriately fund the system based on information provided by the System Liaison, and in accordance with the System’s current policies on utility rates and fees. Attend board meetings as well as assist, when and if needed, for any Prop 218 meetings. Provide five (5) bound copies of the rate review and analysis upon completion of the studies.
- Corporate Review - Review of a water system's corporate compliance, bylaws, articles of incorporation, and policies and procedures.
- Drought Plan/Water Conservation Plan - Provide guidance and assistance with developing/updating and implementing a drought contingency plan and/or a water conservation plan. Each system will receive a copy of their plan which will include templates of public notices and educational material.
- Energy Analysis - Professional will use water delivery information and energy usage data to estimate embedded energy savings from leak surveys.
- Engineer (Funding App) Support - Assist a system in completing funding application.
- Leak Detection - Skilled staff will utilize state of the art equipment to perform comprehensive surveys in locating unaccounted for water loss. Equipment includes: leak surveyors and correlators; pipe locators; hydrophones; and computerized leak sound loggers.
- Pre-App Support - Assist a system in completing funding pre-applications for state and/or federal funding programs.
Marketing is targeted within the MWA planning region, but is then opened to others outside the planning region two weeks prior to the class.
February 27, 2017Topic - Condensed Distribution Certification Review Grades 1-2
- A review class designed to enhance your working knowledge of water distribution
- Class includes a pre-test, detailed instruction on the expected range of knowledge for distribution operators, and practice exams
- Format helps operators brush up on the many aspects of distribution systems, and assists students with test-taking skills.March 7, 2017Topic - Condensed Wastewater Certification Review Grades 1-2
- Review class designed to enhance your working knowledge of wastewater
- Includes a pre-test, detailed instruction on the expected range of knowledge for distribution operators, and practice exams
- Format helps operators brush up on the many aspects of distribution systems, and assists students with test-taking skillsJune 26, 2017Topic - Groundwater Hydrogeology and Wells
Download the flyer
- Presents basic concepts in groundwater hydrogeology, useful for understanding sources and uses of water resources, constraints on the development of those resources and how to maximize production of groundwater.